Saturday, September 03, 2011

San Francisco

The morning after the race, I was surprised at how good my legs felt. Trail running seems to cut my recovery time in half!
Perfect weather!


We wasted no time diving back into exercise, starting with a day-long hike in San Francisco. And if you know one thing about the city, it's really really hilly. Some spots were so steep that the sidewalks had notches into them, turning them into stairs.
Is Matt slanted, or is the road?The City!
Just two hours after breakfast, we were ravenous again. The day after a long run, I'm always super hungry. We stopped off at Tacolicious, right across the street from Fleet Feet. It was really delicious!
Tacolicious

The weather couldn't have been better. About 65F and sunny. And the tourists were out in droves. Compared to our rainy trip in January, they were everywhere. We basically had the tourist spots to ourselves. Now there were long lines to everything. I'm not much for crowds, so we decided to save some of those activities for later.
Grassy area near Ft. Mason on the Embarcadero.

We walked the Embarcadero and braved the crowds at Ghiradelli for our free sample, then headed back up the hill for dinner. At where else? Lemongrass. Once I find a place I like, I don't really see any point in deviating from it. By dark, we were headed back to our car and headed north to Petaluma.
Someone was feeding a raccoon family of four from their car. I hate when people feed the wildlife, it dooms them to
an unnatural life and they usually end up dead within a year. A guy was getting within a foot of the mama
and she puffed up really big. Great idea, pal.
Looking towards Oakland and the Richmond Bridge.

See you again soon!

Golden Gate Bridge.

4 comments:

k said...

Being from NY I automatically associate racoons and rabies. Even though we don't have rabies here in Washington, I still won't go near those suckers. It always creeps me out when people (most tourists) get right up in their faces to take pictures. Hello!?!? And feeding them - ugh! A whole 'nother story.

Ewa said...

I love SF but for some reason don't visit it often enough. Maybe we just live to close. :)

I would love to run 50k with you. Of course you are so fast that you would have to wait patiently for me at the finish line. Then we could go for a sinful lunch. Yes, I like that plan. :)

bobbi said...

I've never been to SF - looks beautiful (and here's to a SUPER quick recovery!!)

Anonymous said...

I went to SF for the first time as a grown up back in April... loved it. Dinner at the end of Pier 39 was probably my favorite part... I can't think of any city more scenic!