Friday, September 30, 2011

18 Miles

Hubby went to the dentist this morning. I slept in the car through his appointment. We weren't available to run long on Saturday or Sunday, so it had to be today. Girl cramps, wind, and the warmest day of the year so far. *sigh*

It sucked.

18 miles.
2:41.05
8:56/mi.

I pushed hard to get those negative splits.



....like tougher than I should have had to. Also, can you find the uphill miles? Thanks Mother Nature for that fabulous gift today.... haha.

Next week, I'm hitting the EASY button and spacing my runs out a little bit more so things don't suck as much.

Good points of long run :
1. Ryan and Shaina came along on their bikes.
2. They are fun to chat with and we had a great time.
3. Shaina baked brownies for us to eat on our run. They were still warm from the oven.
4. Despite the sunscreen, I got a new amusing set of tan lines.
5. Really awful runs help make me a bit tougher for the race.
6. The race course is pancake flat compared to our long run spot. Pull the hills and my pacing will be near perfect. :)
7. Pulled out some faster miles. Until the last two, they felt really easy. *sigh*

1 comment:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Great run! And...you ate still warm brownies on your run? That just sounds incredible!
:)