Sunday, September 11, 2011

Evil on the Trails

Remember how I was sad that I had decided to go back to road running for a few months? Well that was just days before this baby appeared :


An entire summer of trail running, and I only get poison oak now? Well, I guess that's good. I believe it was from a 4 mile trail run we did on Hwy. 1 on our return trip from the 50K race in the Bay Area. The foliage was extra thick and I do remember running really fast and brushing against some plants. Then I went home and shaved my legs a couple of days later, and spread it all over the place. Maybe I'm not so sad to put trail running away for a little bit (at least til that rash heals).

Enter Tecnu, my new hero. I read online that this stuff was used to remove paint and radioactive residues from things. So I guess I should use it sparingly, huh?


Welcome to the West Coast, Karen!!

Do you have any home remedies for Poison Oak?
What is your worst Poison Oak/Ivy/Sumac story?

5 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

DANG....POISON IVY!?!?! NOOOO!!! Good to know what you are going to use to help it though:) Love your blog!

Mary said...

I get pi all the time. Tecnu is the only thing that works. Well baking soda helps. I feel your pain.

Ewa said...

No poison oak stories from me. I seem to be immune and so is my teen. Hubby, on the other hand...
Hope your rash clears really fast.

bobbi said...

I've never had poison oal or ivy rashes. I'm not sure how that's possible, since I spent my childhood running in the woods with my cousins, but so far, I've managed to escape it...

Anonymous said...

That's really smart of you to carry something counteractive now! I've never experience anything like that before... but I've never really lived in a spot where I could go trail running.