(Ignore that it measures just over 10.25 miles, Garmy gets lost somewhere at the top in the trees.)
Just after mile 3, it goes up and up and up, until it reaches an old growth Redwood grove. More often than not, it takes me 2:15 to cover the 11.5 miles. Because of the hill difficulty, that's really not that bad. 11:44/mi. Doable. Until a month ago, the mud was the limiting factor. Tons and tons of mud. That's where I went to get my dirty on.
Today, I ran Headwaters with the boys. I pushed a little bit, but already feeling kinda tired from my Saturday Domestic Extravaganza!!, not too much. The trail was nice and dry. And I managed it in 1:55, a dead-on 10:00/mi. I know part of it is from the lack of mud.
But all of my runs this week, except the shake-out run on Monday, have been STELLAR. Does anyone ever notice that after a really hard race or run, the following days feel a little easier by comparison and turn out faster? Part of it is that I can remember how hard the 50K was and I can still feel like I'm going hard, but it's not AS HARD as the race was, so a little easier.
3 comments:
Nice pace on this trail! I definitely feel like the runs after a race or particularly long run (18+ miles) feel great and you end up faster. Maybe an aerobic boost? Who knows, I but I'll take it!
:)
That is a great pace for a trail run.
Great, challenging run! yes! I totally feel like runs are easier after a tough race. The body steps up...or poops out...one or the other. : )
Post a Comment