I have eaten my words before, so this response might actually force me to do the same a few years down the road. When I first met Matt, he spent years trying to get me to run a marathon. I ran one, with him, as a gift for our first wedding anniversary. I swore it would be my only marathon. Five marathons and a 50K later, my mind changed. But here it comes :
I don't ever want to run a 100 mile race.
Here's why :
I LIKE TO SLEEP. If I don't get the full eight hours of sleep, I turn into a raging monster. No joke. Ask my hubby. Replace my night of sleep for two nights straight with running and I will probably kill someone. Running won't be fun anymore. And to me, there really is no point in running if it isn't fun.
Will I ever run longer than 31 miles? Probably. If I were to get fast enough to run 40 or 50 miles in a single day, I may consider that. But for now, I'm content where I am : trying to make my marathon faster and just enjoying running.
But this?
I'm pretty darn proud of this coaster! Ultramarathon finisher?? Me? Oh heck yes!
4 comments:
Very cool. And I am with you on the sleep thing. Whiny Girl would come out for sure. I bet you are fast enough now for longer runs...they seem to even out in pace the farther distance it gets to be.
You SHOULD be proud! And I'm so so with you on a 100-miler. I don't have that thing inside me that you need to accomplish this. Desire maybe? A little crazy? Boundless determination? Whatever it is, I am lacking...
Oh, I am sooo tempted to bet that you WILL run a 100. Raging monsters run good miles, you know. :) Oh, and they are too sleepy to realize they are not having fun.
You know you secretly want to run 100! It's so patently obvious :-) Come do Su with me - we'll slog through the snow with sleds together. OK it's not really a "run" as much as it is a slog, but you can run it if you want... and take naps :-)
Post a Comment