This week has dragged on. It all started on Tuesday with the onset of a terrible cold. Did a 14 mile hike up Grasshopper Peak with some friends. I thought the fatigue was from getting up early and my allergies, so I went along. I'm glad they're a little bit slower than I normally am because I was dragging, badly.
Did you know that it had been exactly one year, to the day that I had a cold. My most recent cold occurred a week before the Equinox Marathon. Is it that my immune system is stronger than most? Some people think so. Personally, I think it's because I'm no longer teaching and hanging out in a germ cesspool every day at work.
That night, I was in bed at 8pm and didn't wake until noon the next day. Wednesday was tempo run day. Running with a cold seems to help the symptoms so away I went. During the warm-up, I convinced myself to run whatever tempo miles I could do.

With one mile to warm up, I made it 4.5 miles pretty well. Matt and Alex were running a tempo on the same spot I was, and I was surprised at how long it took for them to finally drop from sight. By mile 4.5, I had enough. I was feeling dizzy. Often when I have a cold, I lose my appetite, eating and drinking far less than usual. Dizziness was not at all surprising.
So despite a cold, it was still a successful day in my book.
-----------------------------------------
What do you do when you have a cold? Most of the time, I park myself on the couch with a water bottle, box of tissues, and a cozy blanket. Since I've got pregnant friends up the wazoo right now, the crochet projects have joined me and my Kleenex on the couch.


3 comments:
Cute! Wish I could crochet. Hope you feel better soon. Amazing pace for feeling sick.
OK, at first I read "since I got pregnant" and I thought, how come I missed THAT news? As an excuse I will say that I am coming down with something too. What do I do when I get a cold? I try to ignore it for as long as I can. Most of the time it works. I pray that it will work this time also. And yes, I will go running tomorrow, sick or not.
Get Better Soon!!
That is so cute. I wish I could crochet like that.
Post a Comment