The more we thought about the possibilities, we weren't too excited about seeing more coastline, even if it were in Hawaii or Malibu.
No, for us, it really came down to where we wanted to get our winter fix: Idaho or Fairbanks. The Idaho 50K mentioned is the same day as our running club's yearly award banquet. I'm really really close to winning my division in the circuit, so I want to attend. Since I'm not fast enough to regularly win anything, I feel like I have to be available if that happens.
Without the lure of a race, Idaho quickly lost her appeal. A similar trip, including cabin adventures and a hot springs stop could be built in Fairbanks. With all the people we had to leave behind when we moved away. It didn't take much to sell us on that idea. And at the end of February, it won't be -40F and dark all the time either. Sounds good.
This was also the suggestion that got the most replies from this blog and the other blog version.
This book was my hiking BFF then, time to rekindle our friendship over a nice cup of tea. :)
3 comments:
Somehow I figured you'd end up in Alaska :)
Oooh if you go in late March I might get to see you!
Even without a race Idaho is pretty cool. Hot springs and ski in yurts and other neat stuff. But, I did think you would pick Alaska.
Post a Comment