Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cross Training and Photography



For the last couple of months, I’ve training with Matt on his faster runs between 6:00/mi and 6:40/mi paces.  I’ve seen my fitness and confidence improve.  I’ve seen the tight spots in my hips and glutes fade away.  You see, I’ve been riding my bike.  


As he gets more fatigued during his speed sessions, his surroundings blur and suddenly focus shifts from the outside world to things happening internally.  We look after each other.  Seamlessly without even breaking stride, he crosses the street at a diagonal, all the while I nearly fall off my bike looking over my shoulder.  Graceful cyclist, I am not.

Last week, I decided to try something new.  I had just finished a race pace run and Matt was headed out for his tempo.  The sun was falling.  It was one of those rare sunny days.  Sunshine blasted like a horizontal spotlight over the path.  It seemed like the perfect time to bring the camera and work on a little bit of action shooting on the traffic-free part of our route.  This is probably one of my weakest areas.  But through the blurry photos, I caught one that actually worked as a super-blurry shot.  
I think this one is my favorite.

1 comment:

meghan said...

Wow! You are fast! And you just commented on my blog and don't have an email address to reply to so I wanted to ask you a question. What training plan did you do for some of your early marathons? When you say you did a 5k pace day, were they in intervals, and how long? Thanks so much for your comment!