Friday, October 19, 2012

Humboldt Redwoods Half Goals

With this week's shortened MRP run complete, I can't help think of my next run: Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon on Sunday. The MRP run felt hard, but the pace was better than expected since Garmin shorted me by almost a quarter mile (and Matt's run done an hr before mine, same spot where signal cut out). Garmin is a great tool to show I'm hitting at least the pace I need. Here are Garmy's stats anyways:
 

Actual stats from map: 5.20 miles, 7:40/mi....oops.

Until Matt complained that the watch was more off than usual today, I was reconsidering my goals based on how fatigued that run felt. Now, it's cool.

My goals for the Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon are......

Goal A (Tarzan swoops down and carries me partway): 1:41.00. 7:42/mi.

Goal B (most likely outcome): 1:43.00 7:53/mi. I've been hitting this well in training, so unless I'm really off, this should be doable.

Goal C (crash and burn style): 1:44.47, 8:00/mi. and MRP.

My current PR is from the 2011 Hammond Trail Half and is 1:45.46. I did it halfway wrecked and on a pretty hilly course. We shall see what happens.

 PS- Period better hold off for a couple days too or I'll be sooooo angry. Uterus, don't you remember how fun Bidwell was this spring?

1 comment:

Cinthia said...

Good luck, good luck! Smear that PR. Just run it to the ground.
I'm saying 1:41:35.
P.S. Give Tarzan a kiss from me when he swoops down, okay?