The therapeutic sunshine and company of Sunday morning’s trail run provided the comfort my running week was craving. Tanya is the best hook up for new running buddies such as Tracey and Alma. I love being exposed to runners that are different than I am. The one thing we all share offers a glimpse into each other’s personal life, from Tanya’s teenage sons to Tracey’s toddler. I run along quietly, adding nothing to the parenting conversations, and you know, sometimes secretly nodding at Matt, glad that we’ve put off that major life milestone for a while.
The ladies laughed at my goofy compression sleeves and we shared Alma’s dried pineapple and for a short two hours, we felt like we were the same..just hitting the trails with friends. It kinda rocks spending time with such different people.
![]() |
| Any run that ends in Starbucks and donuts is a good run. |
I also biked Matt’s (6:10/mi.) 3 mile tempo run. He runs around like a madman when he pushes the pace so I have to play babysitter and be sure he doesn’t get hit by a car. A handful of homeless guys cheered him on. They’re always so supportive. Haha.
Wednesday, heavy legs. Split daily mileage into two runs to survive. I felt like I spent more time picking the rocks out of my Nike Frees than actually running. 5 miles in the AM, 3 in the PM.
Thursday, Matt and I toured the area with his parents, visiting from Michigan. This was their first visit to our area. They were particularly wowed by our organic food stores, oh and the large trees too, I guess. I biked Matt’s 9 mi. MRP run with him too.
By Friday, I was begging for a break. I find that if I go more than a few days without any time completely to myself, I get anxious, cranky, and extremely exhausted. Those feelings are compounded by a mother-in-law that is very chatty. Matt went out exploring with them and I had a date with my masseuse, Savannah. Not even joking. My life is too good sometimes, I’m telling you.
Matt dragged me along on my tempo run (goal 7:30/mi, 3 mi). He rewarded me by stopping at our secret blackberry spot on the cool down mile.
Saturday’s 14 mile long run will appear in the next post. It was in one of my favorite places, so it deserves its own love.
44 miles running, 14 biking. Decent recovery week, heavy on the recovery.






3 comments:
I like the first picture. Backroads,sunlight,friends. Diversity is good,I think. People with different stuff going on make things interesting. The organization,detail and analysis of your workouts is impressive.
I so wish I had running buddies. The trails here are so hard that nobody wants to do them. Or else their pace is really different. I hope you feel better soon. It has been quite a struggle.
Wow that first pic is gorgeous! Yay for recovery, especially when it includes donuts!
Post a Comment