Thursday, October 11, 2012

Trip to the Allergist

Highlights:
- “Your pulse rate is 45bmp. That is pretty chill.”

WIN. Yup, I’m the essence of cool, calm and chiiiiiill. It would be lower if going to the doctor didn’t make me so nervous.

- *doctor looks up my nose* “Wow you’re the most clogged up person I’ve seen in awhile.”

WIN? When my body does something, apparently it 100% commits. I feel like I should get a prize for that.

-----

Next step? Allergy scratch tests. What is even worse than the sound of that is the fact that I have to go cold-turkey on my antihistamines for the five days before it. Luckily, I was able to schedule it after the half marathon. The tradeoff is that it is during the week just before the taper where I plan to max out at 66 miles for the week. I’ll suffer through that last week, but that taper will feel oooooohhhh so good when I can resume my medication and reduce mileage.

Has anybody had allergy scratch testing done?  How did identifying your allergens help treat your symptoms?

No comments: