Just like that, the wind shifted from the constant north
wind of summer, to one from the south.
The first rain of winter arrived.
Matt and I found a short window in the afternoon that would hopefully be
dry. Our first run, one day after a hard
race was slow. We marveled at the
clouds. Normally we have fog or dense
stratus clouds. No definition
whatsoever.
![]() |
| source |
Today there was a little bit
of everything: cumulus, cirrus, just a little bit of blue sky, and the most
interesting ones of all: mammatus. Matt
jumped around like a small child in a toy store. He even made us turn around to get the
camera. I wasn’t sure if it was the
weatherman inside or his fascination with a cloud named after boobs, but I just
laughed a little to myself as we ran back home to get the camera.
![]() |
| mammatus clouds |
By mile two, we found ourselves beneath a rain cloud. In all directions, the clouds were lighter
and dry, only rain directly overhead.
Perfect. With the 48F temperature
and light rain, my legs chilled quickly.
The cool, moist air soothed my aching muscles as I ran along. It felt nice.
Matt had no trouble convincing me of a post-run soak in the hot
tub.
![]() |
| Redwood State and National Parks captured a waterspout this morning on one of the beaches. |
I hope you enjoyed that easy run, legs. Back to marathon training now.



3 comments:
Thanks for linking that weather site, I'm a freak about checking forecasts, and that is hysterical.
That waterspout is awesome.
Love the photos! And 48 degrees and rain? That sounds like Alaska summertime weather, hee, hee. Glad you got in a soothing run. Great weather forecast, hee ,hee.
Post a Comment