Thursday, January 27, 2011

When the Stars Align.....

Have you ever had a day where everything went perfectly? That was my Wednesday. I started my day in the hot tub with the hubby. We finally got it fixed after waiting nearly a month for the part to come in. ((When we first got the house, we filled up the tub and were excited to try it out....until the motherboard for the controls had died and our water turned cold.))

Perfect way to end the day (at 7am before he went to bed)

So we were really happy to see steam when we removed the cover. After Matt went to sleep (he's working midnights this week), I decided that I wanted to re-upholster the dining room chairs. We got them free from a friend, and they had dropped a hot iron on the fabric, leaving an iron-shaped mark on the seat.

This isn't the chair with the iron mark on it, but they looked more
disgusting than the picture shows.

I headed out to run some errands for the project : fabric, staple gun, and staples. Coincidentally, my fabric was 50% off this week. Then I cruised past the thrift store. As you all know, I'm a sucker for thrift stores, so I stopped in. Would you believe that I found myself a staple gun? A staple gun at a thrift store, when does that ever happen? Then I hit up the hardware store for staples. The salesman helping me find the right size saw the price sticker. He was impressed and mentioned I'd be spending more on staples than I did on the gun. For a total of $25 and a little bit of elbow grease, they look pretty darn good, don't you think?

I'm particularly proud of how these turned out! They look new again!

Today was a beautiful sunny day. I fed off the energy, sucking up the rays. I felt manic, similar to those long summer days in Alaska, full of energy. I got a TON done :

1. pruned the rosebushes.

Yellow rose in my front garden.

2. set up the bird feeder.

Haven't had any visitors yet.

3. pulled some weeds.

These aren't weeds, but it made room for them to grow up
nice and pretty.

4. vacuumed the car.

5. swept all the floors.

6. did two loads of laundry.

7. cleaned the whole house.

8. hung some photos on the walls.

9. ran some errands in town and paid bills.

10. got some reading in. ((I've been forcing myself to read some "classics". Right now, I'm reading Wuthering Heights.))

As a Trophy Wife, I will be the first to admit that I'm lazy. Without any clear deadlines, it's really easy to decide to do something "tomorrow", even when "tomorrow" turns into sometime the next week. I feel pretty proud of myself when I get three small tasks done.

My knee started off grumpy this morning, but it feels just fine right now. I forgot my Stick (that new toy I got in SF a couple weeks ago) in Michigan, so the brother-in-law is mailing it back to me. Should arrive next week for some intense massaging.

Come to think of it, Thursday was pretty awesome too!! Hopefully it continues, I've got a tempo run for tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Ewa said...

Wow, you are like the Energizer Bunny. So do share where you get all that energy from. I could use some.
Chairs look great. I am wondering if ours could not use some work.