The day included probably another six or more miles of walking. We visited the World's Crookedest Street, JapanTown, the Painted Ladies on Alamo Square and the Sports Basement in the Presidio.
I loved the intricate designs and unusual color combinations.
My natural gravitation to thrift stores led me to Out of the Closet and Goodwill. They were amazing!! Buying second-hand in a rich city has better stuff than in poor old Eureka. At Sports Basement, we found this amazing roller for our legs.
It was an impulse buy, but after trying it out on my sore legs, I was more than sold on it. It's beautiful, I just hope that my rolling pin at home doesn't get jealous. The entire city was a bit of a let-down with the weather, because we never could see more than a few blocks ahead because of the fog. Lots of uphills and downhills, but there were no grand vistas at the top.
When Matt and I lived in Fairbanks, we searched for the takeout menu for our favorite restaurant, Lemongrass. We happened upon Lemongrass Thai in San Francisco. I remember remarking, "Well it's good there's a delicious restaurant there with great reviews, but we'll never need to know that." Well, it was just a few blocks from our hotel, so we had to try it. I haven't had Thai cuisine since October (it was our last meal out in Fairbanks), and it was just as amazing as the Lemongrass Thai Restaurant in Fairbanks. The green curry was excellent!! I recommend it highly : Lemongrass Thai on Polk. Everyone must visit :)
1 comment:
Wish you had a better weather. Unfortunately SF is often fogged in and cold. Our temps, only 55mi south can be 15-20 degrees higher.
Can you imagine what kind of stuff they have at Goodwill in Malibu? Hmm, maybe it is worth the trip. :)
Post a Comment