Monday, January 03, 2011

Running Breakthrough

Being able to train at whatever intensity I want, 12 months a year, is turning out to be awesome. Today I made another breakthrough : a tempo run at sub - 8:00/mi.

I usually make my tempo runs at 4 miles, and all last summer, my hardest tempos were at an 8:30/mi. Finally another breakthrough. 4 miles at 7:45/mi. Five miles total at an 8:00/mi (the final mile was a cool down with running and walking).

I can't believe it. I really can't. But what I can believe is this : I'm going to burn all my PRs this year. :)

1 comment:

Ewa said...

Karen, I live 50mi south of San Francisco so I don't run in the city at all. Will you be staying in the city?
There of course is Golden Gate Park, which is good for running especially on weekends since they close some of the roads going through the park.
I also hear people run in Embarcadero.
Angel Island accessible by a ferry is a great place to run and has both roads (no cars) and trails.
Now if you are looking for trails and are able to drive to them, email me at ewa dot bialkowski at gmail dot com and I can send you some links with trail ideas.