Monday, January 31, 2011

Life

I feel terrible when someone I know dies. Double terrible if they were one of those people that nobody had a bad word for, they were kind and giving and everything you'd expect out of someone. I feel 100 times more terrible if they die of cancer....because I lived.

One of my high school classmates lost her fight with cancer on Friday at just 29 years old. She had an infant son, Timmy. Timmy is named in memory of her husband's father, whom died when her husband was in his teens. Timmy probably won't have any memory of his mom. The family has suffered so much, that even though I was on the periphery, it makes my heart ache. I can't get this out of my mind.

Why did I live?

2 comments:

Ewa said...

Every cancer death touches me very deeply. I also wonder how come I got so lucky to get tests done when I did after years of not doing anything. And then...
But then I realize that there are so many other calamities I did not get touched by. People get killed in car accidents. Planes crash... I drive, I fly... I live.
I am so sorry about your friend. As I keep getting older more and more people depart. Maybe I am getting a message from the Universe to love life more while it lasts.
Sorry to get so philosophical but last year I have gotten enough of those messages to make me stop and think.

Danni said...

How awful. I'm so sorry.