Friday, January 28, 2011

Crash Day....

After having two amazingly productive days, I knew I was in for a crash. ...today. So instead of being productive, I had a lot of time to think......Here's what I learned :

1. After running, I have so much more mental clarity that it is imperative that I do my Classics reading following the shower.

2. Two tempo runs in a week is a little bit too much for me at this point. I was draggin'...badly. I finished, but it took every ounce of myself to do it.

3. Running with traffic hurts my IT band much less than running against it. The road slopes down on the outside of my sore leg, so I think I need to get stiff arch supports or go back to the Ariel (motion control shoe). The exaggerated slope on all the local roads must have revived my injury. That combined with a lot of massage and focus on strengthening the other muscles in my leg, I think it'll work. But time will tell. Despite being an exhausting run, I did it without pain when I switched to the other side of the road.

4. I've also set up a time to do some workout videos with a few friends. They aren't big exercisers and I HATE cross training, so we need each other. I hope we stick it out and get me some rehab. :)

Tomorrow is the Trinidad to Clam Beach run. I think I'm going to bid farewell to my trail shoes and fill them with sand and water.

1 comment:

Ewa said...

I love thinking days. I need more thinking days. :)

Running with traffic sounds dangerous to me.