Wednesday, January 05, 2011

2011 Goals

These are my goals related to running, for 2011 :

5K under 23:00.
Half marathon - 1:45.
Full marathon - 3:45.

I've never run a 10K, and since I really have no desire to do it now, I figure that I'll wait until I'm 40 for my first one. That'll save at least one PR for when I am no longer getting PR's.

How I'm going to achieve this :

I seem to do better running less miles, faster. I've always followed the Hal Higdon training plan for my marathon and half races. The novice one. I was all set to try an intermediate this year, but decided to go less miles and faster. I'm following the mid-week runs, but am following a 12-16-20 sequence for the long runs. Then 12-20-12-22 for the last weeks up to the taper. Not really increasing mileage as I go along, but sustaining, and hopefully getting faster in the process.

I've planned out a few races this year :
March 6, Bidwell Classic Half Marathon, Chico, CA
May 15, Green Bay Marathon, Green Bay, WI
August, either the Crater Lake Marathon (in Oregon) or Marquette 50K, Marquette, MI
August 13, Hammond Trail Half Marathon, Arcata, CA
October 16, Humboldt Redwoods Marathon, Weott, CA
December 5, California International Marathon, Sacramento, CA

The local area has lots of 5 and 10Ks that I'm hoping with the improvements in my distance races, I can just push really hard and PR the 5K without training...hopefully.

Does anyone have tips on staying motivated and focused for a long training season?

No comments: