Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Moving Trip : Part 2

Sunday 2/23 : Los Angeles, CA. We went to Hollywood to see the sign and all the stars on the sidewalks. It was really cool. The Academy Awards were that night too so there were a lot of extra people around trying to get pictures of the stars. I didn't think that was a big deal for me to see anyone, but it was cool to see the amount of security they had to go through to get in the door. Also, seeing how much everyone else cared about the celebs was interesting too. We also took the subway. It was kinda scary. I don't think I'd ever take it alone. There are a lot of shady characters in subway stations. We went to the LaBrea Tar Pits and museums. They were really cool too and smelled like a road construction zone.

Monday 2/24: Los Angeles, CA-Stockton, CA. I've been sleeping a lot more during our trips which means seeing a lot less cool things and getting fewer pictures. This trip is just wearing me out. WE passed a bunch of mega-dairy farms that we could smell a few miles away. "Happy cows come from California" , yeah right, they were all penned up in tiny stalls. Not grazing.

Tuesday 2/25: Stockton, CA - Roseburg, OR. We drove through the Mount Shasta area and it was gorgeous. It was very mountainous like Southern CA and AZ, but these mountains had a lush greenness to them. Our motel was pretty nice so we went swimming and stuff there at night and fell asleep, absolutely exhausted.

Wednesday 2/26: Roseburg, OR - Olympia, WA. The morning was the most gorgeous view ever. There were some low clouds that we drove right into, and because of the constant dampness, all the trees were covered in moss. It was cool. I slept a lot today too. We went running along the shore today : all the boats and the smell of the sea. I loved it. On the way back from our run, I saw something on the ground that looked like money. I even pick up pennies, so I stopped. It was a bill... a $50 bill!!! We took it back to the hotel to see if the desk clerk had one of those pens to detect counterfeit bills. She said it was real. We decided to go out to dinner for seafood -- figuring a port town would have fantastic seafood. We brought along the $50. We spent about $30 on drinks and a salmon dinner. We left the rest as a tip. I figured that we got a dinner out of it, we might as well share the wealth. It will suck when the person who dropped it finally figures out its missing. The odds of the person who dropped it finding it again are slim, so I decided to take it. No point in turning it in. It wasn't in a wallet or anything. Yay. Free dinner !!! :)

No comments: