Ahh, the Super Bowl. The biggest football game of the year. Two weeks ago was the biggest game for me. I so wanted the Packers to win. They came farther than anyone had ever imagined, but it still sucks when they lose THAT CLOSE to the Super Bowl. Anyhow.... I have a lot of fond memories of Super Bowl games through the years that I thought I'd share:
Growing up, the family went to Rick Olson's Super Bowl party. It always had 3 tvs and an amazing smattering of snack foods. For a kid, this was heaven. My parents never let us eat a lot of junk food, so we always went nuts when we were faced with nearly every type of food at once. Also, as a kid, I was a bottomless pit that could eat for hours and never get full. We'd play on the floor in the living room while eating and drinking (pop) ourselves silly. Brynn and Neal were always there so we had our food and best friends.
In college, I didn't have TV or friends interested in football, so I didn't watch the Super Bowl at all. The year I was doing cancer treatments, I had a Super Bowl party in the hospital. I was getting chemo and ended up falling asleep after eating pizza with Jenna and Dad. I don't remember anything about the game and the whole day was a haze.
This is actually my first Super Bowl since cancer. Elliot, Steve, Matt, and I are having a small party. Elliot got a new big TV and we're going to bring snacks. It should be fun, but nothing will ever measure up to Rick's parties. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment