Thursday, July 07, 2011

What Bugs Me...lol.

Why do women do this? It drives me nuts. Are you really fooling yourself thinking you're a size 8 when clearly your pants are too small? Do you realize that this actually makes you look heavier than if you were to wear the right size? But the biggest question : Doesn't that hurt?

6 comments:

Mary said...

What bugs me too is when people get too hung up on sizes. You don't remember this, but back when I was in high school, sizes were a lot bigger. I wore a 7 then and I wear a 4 now. And I was smaller in high school. So when people brag about being a 2, yes they are tiny, but the number doesn't mean much anymore.

k said...

Ha ha! I have a couple of pairs that look like that (well, not that bad!). They might not fit now, but they did when I bought them :) - maybe people are just in denial?!?

Instead, mine just stay in the closet (or only come out with a floly shirt) - someday I will lose those last 5 pounds...

Ewa said...

Latest fashion statement????

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Haha, so bad. When people I train ask me how to get rid of their muffin top, I always say "buy bigger jeans." Works every time!

Cinthia said...

Hey Karen:
Just read your Seward posts from last year and my views exactly. I moved down here from Anchorage for my job last Sept. and OMG, it rains ALL the time. When it doesn't rain, I frantically hike and run, trying to get a whole summer's worth of outdoor time in a few weeks. The people here don't seem to mind but I kinda like to stay dry.
Cheers and happy running,

Karen said...

Mary, Just a couple of years ago, I was a size 8. Now I'm a 4. WTF? Sure it makes the really heavy people feel better, but for me and shirts, it pushes me into the junior section with all the butterflies and rainbows. Now that's really annoying.

Vanessa, Seems like women are always looking for a quick fix that doesn't include proper diet and exercise to look thinner. It just baffles me how they wouldn't take this one piece of advice that really is effortless!!

Cindi, It's really rainy here in the winter and I find myself in an outdoor frenzy on the rare sunny day. I don't mind the rain though, there's some beauty to that too. But I prefer to be dry :)