Becki was working midnights so Matt and I were left to explore her town solo. Running into Palmer, three miles away, was the perfect way to get our exploring and workout done in one task. Trotting alongside the Glenn Highway, we made our way to town through a curtain of drizzle. Hardly something we notice much anymore given our moist home. We ran a few errands, hit the visitor's center, wandered town and bought food for dinner (pasties!). We had lunch at the Palmer Downtown Deli. Then a few hours later, dessert at DQ. Running home with a backpack full of food and a tummy full of DQ proved to be Matt's undoing. I just told him we were training our stomachs to tolerate more foods. But, then again, I didn't have the backpack's straps pushing on my belly. :) We walked a little until his stomach settled.
The pace was slow, normal for the strenuous weekend we'd just had. A mile from Becki's, I seemed to have loosened up enough for my usual pace. Good enough for a 6.5 mi run and a few walking miles. Close enough to call it an even 10 miles for the day.
Matt and I caught a nap on Becki's over-sized "Teddy Bear" couch--the most comfy couch ever! Pasties for dinner and it was bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment