Thursday, September 13, 2012

Three Things Thursday

My life outside of running edition:

1.   Cooking, Baking, and my Garden.  Pies, quiche, and cookies, oh my!  Matt and I make a good team.  I bake, he eats.  We still joke that he married me for my cookie skills.
Strawberry and blueberry lattice pie
Potato, Kale, and Onion Quiche.  (my first one too!!)

Garden love :)


Yum!

2.   Crochet and sewing projects.  I recently finished my first patchwork quilt.  For a portion of the project, I was convinced I did something wrong.  But it all came together nicely.  We've never had a store-bought blanket fit our bed like my homemade ones do.  This one is perfect and ties together all the mismatched color furniture in our bedroom.

3.   Trip planning.  Since Matt makes our money, I figure out the best way to spend it.  When we go on trips, everything is pretty well planned out.  I love to be organized and have an idea of what we're going to do each day.  This works out best for our whirlwind style of traveling.




Little Su was cancelled for 2013.  Where will we go this winter? Trips to the Rockies and Hawaii have been discussed.

2 comments:

Cinthia said...

Little Su was cancelled? I was kinda/sorta thinking of running it. Oh well ...
I love your quilt, and your pies. Mostly I love (and am jealous) of your MRP run with the average mile in the 7s. I wanna get down to the 7s (this summer I finally graduated to the 8s).
Cheers,

bobbi said...

Cooking and baking, I am good at. Now gardening? Not so much. I kill many many green things. My kids make fun of me...

I need to get back to crocheting again. It's been too long since I made something warm and fuzzy :)