Photo Highlights of the remainder of the trip to New York: April 19-20.
I met the Atlantic Ocean near Coney Island. The water was so warm!
I met blogger, Brenna.
Hubby and I took the ferry to Ellis Island. My family began their American lives here in
1905. I really enjoy visiting
emotionally charged places. I could
sense the hope, anticipation, and reunion of the families that passed through
the area. It was a perfect contrast to
the emotion of the previous day’s visit to the 9-11 Memorial.
We caught up with my college friend, Ricardo. He drove us through parts of NYC that we didn’t
get to see. His positive and chill
attitude contrasted with the rushed vibe of the city. It was refreshing to slow things down a
little bit for the evening. It was fun
to see him in the city. He was on tour
with a band that visited Fairbanks when we lived there. It’s funny the people that reconnect into
your life in unexpected ways like that.
Dinner out with Amanda & Co. that night was fun. We laughed and chatted as if we were all old
friends. Although we never did get to
try Greek food, the burgers were AWE-SOME.
Friday morning, we were up early to get a long run in before
our flight home. We ran 12 miles through
Queens and over the Triborough Bridge.
The bridge was my favorite and least favorite part of the run. The views were great but the noise was
deafening. I’m definitely not an urban
runner. It was slow-going on my tired
touring legs, but Matt and I both enjoyed the sunshine and exploring the East
Side.











1 comment:
Great Pics! We can't wait until the kids are slightly older and we can take a long weekend to NYC!
Post a Comment