Saturday, December 31, 2011

Even Numbers

So I like running nice even numbers. I've been known to circle parking lots and do mini out-and-backs to get my daily mileage to be to the nearest .25 mi. (This is partly because I keep a notebook log and it is easier to add it up in my head, and part because I'm anal.) So what did I do today to finish off 2011? That's right, total all the miles and figure how to get a nice round number.

I began the morning of Dec. 31 with 1,637.4 miles. I also had to do the long run. So instead of a scheduled 8 miler, I went for 12.6. Feeling strong and awesome the whole way, I ended the year on a wonderful note.

Today:
12.6 miles.
8:34/mi.

1,650 miles. YEAH.


Hoping you're ending your year on a happy note too!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I don't keep track of my miles anymore but I'm impressed by yours. You are getting so fast, too.

(I skied for three hours which was pretty awesome). HNY, bloggy friend.

Ewa said...

Somehow I missed that post.
Nice, round number. Do you have a goal # for 2012?