Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Trotting Along....but at what pace?

Turkey Trot 5K tomorrow.

How to choose a goal?

Still feeling a little worn out from the last few weeks.

Got period today. (just glad it isn't tomorrow! I'm athletically useless on the first day)

Enjoying being in rest mode.

I'm totally a long-distance runner. Fast-twitch fibers? What are those?

I don't train for short distances, therefore I suck at them by comparison and never feel prepared.

Not feeling like racing.

Not feeling like racing.

Not feeling like racing.



hmmmm....

What the hell, I'll go for a PR. Might have a crash before the end, but I also might not. Let's find out.

This is me at last year's Turkey Trot 5K :




The expression on my faces shows my enthusiasm for running a 5K that makes THREE loops. Last year, I got a PR and broke 24 minutes. This year, I'm trying to break 23. We shall see. :)

My favorite part about this race? All the completely stoned people that cheer everybody on. Highly entertaining.

Anyone else running a Turkey Trot tomorrow? Do you run for fun with family or friends or do you race it?

No comments: