Thursday, October 20, 2011

One Last Long Run... part 2.

Rest and Refuel



We wore the old lady style compression socks for the remainder of the night and then took an ice bath. I'm not sure they make a lot of difference when used afterward and combined with an ice bath, but it was fun. Hubby is going to try using them in a race and see if it cuts down on his calf pain problems. (see that his toes are still painted? hahahahhaaaa)



Hubby and I hit the store on our ride home from the run to get some hamburger buns for dinner. We had garden burgers and fries from our garden potatoes (new potatoes are a-mazing!). But have you ever gone into the grocery store for one thing and actually bought just that one thing? No, I haven't either. Brownie mix was on sale for a dollar, so we came home with one. Hubby makes amazing ones from scratch, but sometimes these rock too...particularly when paired with Humboldt Creamery Black Cherry Chocolate Chunk ice cream and Hubby's homemade sauce. (You're beginning to see why I keep him around, aren't ya? Keeps me in delicious from-scratch foods!!)

TODAY :


This morning, I made up some caramel apples for us. These things are so delicious! I love fall! Carving pumpkins, apple cider, pumpkin cookies, caramel apples, and wearing sweaters! YES YES YES!! :)

Christmas foods are lost on me. I think they're too sweet and basically only like the chocolate covered pretzels and peanuts. Fall is the best!

4 comments:

bobbi said...

YES to everything you said - and I totally want that brownie sundae :)

Danni said...

The two races where I've worn compression calf sleeves I experienced the quickest recovery. Not sure if it's coincidence.

Also, my new Salomon Exo calf sleeves are very Euro, which is important.

Jill said...

I think I gained 20 lbs reading this post today. Man, I am drooling!!

I swear, one day I'm going into the store and getting ONLY stuff on my list.

Teamarcia said...

Yes! Fall is the best! I may have had a taffy apple or 3 this weekend as well!