Thursday, October 06, 2011

Last night, I had a dream. I was sitting in my hot tub, late at night. The stars sparkled brightly somehow, through a haze of light pollution. Shooting stars skated across the sky. Then it appeared. The aurora, in all her colorful glory. Shy at first, just a band of green across the horizon. Then she grew stronger, sending off flares of white and pink. Soon the sky was alive in a whir of color.

My photo from Sept. 2010.

I awoke and rushed to the window. Clouds obscured everything, no stars were found.

Alaska, I miss you and all your little quirks.

3 comments:

bobbi said...

I worked in the BWCA on the Canadian Border summers throughout college. Northern lights is one of the things I miss the MOST about life up there...I can only imagine how spectacular they must have been in Alaska.

Cinthia said...

Ha, ha, it's totally raining (pouring!) and cold in Seward today. Still, it's beautiful. I can't see Russia from my window but I can see Mt. Marathon.

k said...

i am so hoping to see the northern lights here in norway. fingers crossed!