Monday, December 06, 2010

Sad

Warning : This is going to be a whiny post.

I miss Alaska. I've been here almost a month now, and all the exciting newness has worn off. I'm finished with Christmas shopping. We'll get the house in a week or two. Now, I'm just waiting. Life has settled down. I'm lonely. I don't have any friends here. I joined a band here, so at least I'm getting out a couple of times a week. But last night I was even ready to give that up. It's an hour drive to get there and back. All gigs are in that area, too. I hate driving a lot, it feels so wasteful.

I miss my friends. I've started rebuilding my life, meeting new people. But nothing compares to people that already know me that I can count on. I miss the familiarity of knowing where everything is and not having to MapQuest myself to the store. Running routes were friends as well, and I have to find new ones too.

I guess I just miss the familiarity of my old life. :(

No comments: