After over eleven months of strict training plans, and a chart of weekly mileage goals hanging on my refrigerator, I've come to realize one thing: my fridge looks awfully empty without one. Inside my runner's psyche, it looks just the same. So I set out to change that : and made a new training schedule.
Without a clear goal in mind, I just decided to keep a mileage base of about 35-40, with a few mid distance runs, and a long run. One year ago, that would have been my highest mileage week before a marathon taper. Progress tastes good. It no longer feels so difficult to sustain. :) Then I will begin training for Green Bay on Jan 1 with a really solid base. I'm still considering a March marathon in between, but we'll see how everything goes until then.
In other news, Fairbanks has a high temperature of -25F today. Today's run at 50F in the drizzle isn't so bad, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment