Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A New Day

After yesterday's Debbie-Downer post, here's something a little more cheerful :

A few times a week, Matt and I do morning runs before he goes to work at 7am. Running in the morning is a lot more work than running mid-day or in the evening, just because I'm fresh from bed and completely stiff. It takes a few miles just to get the legs loosened up. But this morning, we had coffee and a tiny breakfast, we set out into the darkness. He wore a headlamp, I wore the flashy light and reflective band. Even though we run on sidewalks, I like being as visible as humanly possible. ((Side note: Matt is planning on riding his bike to work each day, by the time I'm done with him, he's going to light up like a football field. MWAHAHA!))

The coffee and warm temperature made it a very enjoyable run, almost effortless. I hardly ever run a sub-9:00 average in the morning, since the first bit is more like a warm-up. Today, most of it was near an 8:00/mi. Just proof that my body can adjust to doing whatever I throw at it. :) The sun was just coming up as we made our final turn, easterly towards home. The last mile was the most beautiful pink, yellow, and orange sunrise. The perfect beginning to a new day.

Clear skies, a beautiful sunrise, a new day. I'm just taking things day by day. Here's to making this new day better than the last.

No comments: