Seattle traffic is NUTS! I’m so glad that Eureka isn’t a huge city! We decided to make this another short driving day to stop in Vancouver, WA for lunch with my high school friend, Kristin. I hadn’t seen her since Eleanor’s wedding in 2008. ( I really suck at seeing old friends, don’t I?) She’s been here since June, working on an internship at a church. Sounds like she likes it, but is super busy and hasn’t really gotten to know anyone outside of work or do any exploring.
We stopped again between Portland and Salem for an outlet mall. WE were both pretty uninspired to buy anything and came out with a few new pairs of underwear each—odd since it was our first trip Outside since May. It’s really hard to shop when I know so little about the climate of the place I’ll be living.
Two big milestones today:
1. Our car rolled over to 100,000 miles. This was Matt’s first car, bought while we were in college. He saved forever for one and paid cash. Focus had 30,000 miles when we got her in 2004. She’s taken us everywhere : MI to OK, OK to WA, all over AK, AK to CA. We promised her an oil change and scrub down when we arrived here. Happy Anniversary, Focus!
2. We crossed the 45th Parallel (latitude) line. Since Fairbanks, at 65.6N, we’ve crossed over 20 degrees of latitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment