I’d forgotten how much I really love Canada until this trip. It’s a lot like Alaska and the U.P. in that most people have that “northern friendliness”. They’re more eco-conscious in government taxes on recycling, laws on idling cars, etc. The U.S. seems to have this plan regarding the environment : put all our money into NASA because there must be another planet we can shuttle everyone to when we totally trash this one. Let’s find that new planet! I also love how readily available French newspapers and radio are. Every day we’ve stayed in a moderately large town, I found a French language news station. Much to Matt’s chagrin, we listen for a little while each morning until I get a headache from concentrating harder. He’s slowly learning the basics in French, but mostly just says “blah blah le blah” when we listen. Zoey is fully fluent in French and specifically embraces the culture when it comes to pâté.
Just as we’ve caught up to fall and the Canadian geese, we’ve caught up to my allergies. BOO! The only relief other than drugs is napping. Usually it takes me a few days to realize it’s not a cold, but instead, allergies. Today was the day.
Mostly a sleepy day. We stopped in Quesnel for the colors and a thrift store.
I seem to be a magnet for them. Thrift stores and Dairy Queens. We also had a blizzard there, btw.


No comments:
Post a Comment