The highlights of today were a 20 mile run and dinner with my college roommate, Amber.
The 20 miler was on the Burke-Gilman Trail alongside Lake Washington. It was a beautiful day: 55F and sunny. It was my first sub-3:00 20-miler, coming in with just 30 seconds to spare at 2:59.30. After a physically stressful week, I wasn’t sure how it would go. But I am more than pleased to average an 8:58/mi.
Now to taper and stay healthy for the race.
The last time I saw Amber was at a CMU football game in 2007 when I came to visit after graduation. She moved to Seattle just three weeks ago—so it worked out perfect for us to get together. It was great to catch up and see her new home.
We also visited the Seattle REI. The entrance was through some trees, along a hiking path. I thought that it was a little overly cheesy. The store was crowded by noon on Sunday and full of people that looked like they stepped off the trail just moments ago. Some wore daypacks, and one guy even carried a large overnight pack, dirty as hell, complete with clip-on driking cup. WTF?
With suuuuper sore legs, it’s time for a stretch and bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment