Every so often, a book I read becomes a movie. I'm always surprised by the differences between the voices and characters I have built in my head and those on the screen. Watching a video of a blogger, whose voice I've come to know only within my head, feels something like that. I'm so captivated by their voice and facial expressions that I can't look away. So instead of sharing my race report in the same format that I usually do, I'd like to share it via video, just to see how that voice in your head compares to what my actual voice sounds like. (Beware: I ramble a little bit....)
Details not covered in the video:
My Splits
 |
| First two laps are the first mile. I ALWAYS see the 1 mile cone for the kids' race and think it's mine. |
My Finishing Stats
 |
| The third time coming in 7th place, never the same six ahead of me. |
Photos
 |
| Behind me is the start arch, not the finish. Even though I know that's not the end, it's always such a tease. Y. Kim, SRRC photo credit. |
 |
| Crossing the final timing mat. This is my PR face. FBMR Facebook photo credit. |
 |
| Combined 10 mile and 4 mile start. Y. Kim, SRRC photo credit. |
 |
| Then we handed out 2-mile race medals with Rachel, our long run buddy. |
Matt's Race
For the last few months, Matt has been rehabbing an Achilles' Tendon issue and consequently hasn't been doing a lot of speed work. He's slowly easing back into it, but said he didn't feel as prepared for this race as he would have liked. Then he dropped a minute from his PR. Sandbagger.
 |
| Y. Kim, SRRC photo credit. |
 |
| FBMR Facebook photo credit. |
9 comments:
Just watched the v-blog, the atmosphere in Boston will be so electrifying that you will fly into a PR. No way will you "just stop" running by mile 1. You are right, no pressure now. Please continue to pre plan everything which will eliminate the "surprise" category.
Cheers
Padre, What I meant was: I'm torn between going for a tough time goal and enjoying the experience, especially since this is very likely my only Boston. I will probably decide on a plan a few days before the race based on the forecast and how I'm feeling.
I'm still training for a time goal, but it's more because I like the challenge of hard training and know it will pay off through the rest of the year as well than anything else. So far, I'm on track for the 3:25-3:30 finish range.
I wish I could listen to the v-log, but I'm at work (don't tell anyone, haha)! Looks like you had some strong splits. I love that you volunteer after you raced, that's super cool of you! xoxo, ganeeban
Hi Karen, no worries. Also, the planing was in regards to packing. I am way excited for you and Matt. Your adventures have been so fun to follow and I look forward to all the training photos coming soon. I will say this again the week of Boston, you will hit a PR of 3:15. Its Boston, its the atmosphere, and its running in a like minded group. Big Hugs and We Believe In You!!!!
So fun to hear your voice :)
So fun to hear your voice :)
S, Even though I don't always mention it on my blog, I volunteer at almost all the club races I run. Either I jump in at the finish line or I help pack up the truck at the end. It's a pretty nice cool down.
Padre, I didn't know that anybody actually reads my reply comments! This is so exciting! :)
I haven't taken many photos lately, but I have trail runs planned for next week, so I'm sure that will change. For me to run a 3:15 at Boston, I'd have to run two half marathon PRs back to back, so that might have to wait a bit longer. :) If I had the perfect race day I think I could run sub-3:25.
Bobbi, Is it what you expected? I asked Matt if I look that coy and flirty in real life and he said yes, haha. I'm not used to seeing myself on camera, so some things surprised me (like the fact that I'm pretty bad with eye contact) when I watched the video myself.
It was nearly exactly how I "hear" you in my head! I struggle with eye contact too. And public speaking. And speaking on camera evokes nearly the same anxiety in me that public speaking does. I'd be better if I were singing haha!
Yes! I was pretty nervous at the beginning of the video, it feels a lot like public speaking even though it's just me talking to my computer.
Post a Comment