Friday, December 06, 2013

Two Days

until CIM.
Marathon #11.
The day all the pieces are finally coming together for a good PR.


The weather looks good:


My outfit feels good:

I went on a beautiful 22F run this morning alongside a vineyard in Calistoga to test my outfit.  It felt a little chilly at first, but with an extra few degrees it should be just about perfect:


 My running buddy looks good:
He's fully prepared with Princess Karen and Puffball stories to help me through the grumpy miles. At the run club Christmas party on Wednesday night, a few buddies told him: "The more she hates you during the race, the more she'll love you after the race."


My body feels good:
How can it not be with a pillow pile like this?

If you've been following along for a while, you already know what my goal is.  :) 
Representing SRRC in our snazzy red jackets.

See you on the other side!

5 comments:

Mary said...

good luck....

Unknown said...

excited for you!! Have a great race, the weather looks amazing!

giraffy said...

ummmm, ^^ me. :D

SteveQ said...

-11 degrees here right now (without windchill) and I'm supposed to be running with friends, but I'm on the internet instead. California vineyards sound SO good right now.

megg said...

I'm thinking about you and wishing you a strong mind throughout, painless miles and a kick at the end worthy of envy. YOU GOT THIS. No 30mph winds, no rivers running through the streets, this will be the race. HUGE HUGS.