Sunday: Run 10 mi. on the McKay Tract with Matt, Paul, and Tracy. Strength: Legs.
This was our first try at back-to-back long runs (Headwaters on Saturday), and it seemed to feel okay. Tracy is coming back after a stress fracture, so we enjoyed catching up. When she turned around, I continued with the boys at their pace and ran a negative split. I still can't believe that I was running this distance just a few months ago at almost a 30-sec/mi faster. Can't I just keep that speed forever and not back off for recovery? That would be ideal. Thanks.
Monday: Rest day!
Tuesday: Run 5 mi. untimed and easy. Strength: Core, legs.
Unremarkable run. Allergies were the worst.
Wednesday: Run 5 mi. (8x220yds) Strength: Core, legs.
My first time running this distance of repeats. Went better than expected. Huge confidence boost!
Thursday: Run 8.25 mi. in 1:11:32, 8:40/mi.
Matt and I ran this one immediately after breakfast and I felt awful for the first half. The pace was steady and felt decent otherwise.
Friday: Rest day!
Saturday: Dow's Prairie 6.1 mile race. total mileage: 9.25.
I ran this race on effort because of the steep hills and managed a nice PR. Then the cooldown with some other club ladies.
Total Miles: 37.5
Notes: My allergies were still an issue this week. I had planned to run on the track on Tuesday but I wasn't feeling good. Glad I did, Wednesday felt much better and I enjoyed the speed. I've started using the NetiPot after each run (especially if it is windy), and that seems to be helping a little.
4 comments:
Nice week of workouts, Karen! I wish we could always run our best speeds and never have to recover or deal with sickness or injuries. What was your friend's plan coming back from the stress fracture?
Thanks :) She's been out of running for a long time....like since November. I think it was no running at all for 4-5 mo. and then building back slowly with minutes, not miles. I think she's up to 60 min at a time once a week now. Thankfully, she's also a triathlete, so swimming and biking helped with the extra energy, although at first she was unable to do those either because it was in her foot.
What a solid week! Congrats on the PR, too. I'm glad your friend is able to return as well. Injuries are so frustrating! I had to return with minutes as well - and I actually followed the return to running program from my doc:)
Glad you had some good speed work and a well deserved PR!
Post a Comment