Friday, June 14, 2013

My Week in Photos

Sunday:
Okay, well this isn't off to a good start is it?  I didn't take any photos.  Well that's embarrassing.  Soooo...moving on.

Monday:   
I had the most delicious omelet.

Then Zoey glared at me for the rest of the day.
Tuesday:  
Usually Matt cuts my hair.  But this day I went to a professional salon, and even with a coupon, I almost died when I paid the bill.
I'm glad to be rid of the length though, my hair tangles so easily. 
Then I made cinnamon rolls and some herb bread.
Wednesday: 

Matt worked on putting up bamboo and planters along our fence. 
Then Matt tried to saw off his hand (or something) and needed a bandaid.  He was sad to learn that his bacon bandages don't taste like bacon.
 Thursday:  
I picked some herb from our garden and am drying it for later.  A few friends made some 215 jokes, but hey, it's Humboldt after all.  It is also catnip, just for the record.

Then Zoey glared at me for a few hours.
Friday:  
I seem to go on cooking sprees, especially if I know we'll be busy and won't want to cook.

Yummy slaw.  We went a little heavy on the carrot, I think.

Brownies, for a Relay for Life Fundraiser dinner.

Chocolate chip cookies, for MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Red Velvet Cupcakes, for Relay for Life Fundraiser Dinner.
Unmixed Granola ingredients always look pretty.

Matt really loves granola. I'm not really a fan of cereal, but it is good on yogurt.
Saturday: 
I'm running a race in the morning.  How will it go?  Well, let's find out.....
Want to ask the crystal ball a question? Go ahead!
Which is your favorite: cooking or baking?  What did you ask the crystal ball?

3 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Your hair is cute! I need mine cut now too. You are a prolific baker this week! I enjoy both cooking and baking but I definitely prefer baking.

Karen said...

Thanks, Marcia! Getting rid of the length was long overdue. I prefer baking too, I'm usually too hungry to want to cook something that takes a long time. :) Baking I can do when I'm not hungry.

Cinthia said...

I'm hungry now! Please send baked goods (hee, hee). Love your hair. I always wonder if longer hair slows runners down. I mean, if swimmers and bikers shave their body hair for faster times, wouldn't long hair on women (especially flopping in a ponytail) cause slower times due to wind resistance? So why do so many elite runners have long hair? Makes no sense to me. Heck, I'd shave my head if it would guarantee a 1:45 half-marathon time (yes, I would!). Cheers and happy running.