Saturday, March 03, 2012

Bidwell Classic: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The good:

-I gave all I had.  This was the hardest I have ever run for a half marathon.  When I thought that my motivation had dried up, somehow I found just a little bit more.
-I wore really dark shorts that dry quickly.


The bad:

-The Little Su 50K was just two weeks ago., not exactly adequate rest.
-With Hubby on midnights, I’ve been sleeping horribly.
-Allergies have had my body pretty stressed out lately. I cycle between being really cold and really warm---Apparently I get fevers when my body is freaking out.
-About mile 5 of the half marathon, I got my period.  The first day of it, I’m usually holed up on the couch with my heating pad wrapped around my girlie bits.  The only thing that kept me from having a river of red running down my leg was the built-in briefs in my shorts.


The Ugly:

-My splits.  All over the freakin’ place.
-And if we're really being honest: what my shorts looked like from the inside was pretty ugly too.


Recap tomorrow!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry it didn't go better....but you still did it; that's very impressive considering all! Looking forward to the RR. Hoe you're getting some good rest now!

Katie said...

Oh man, that sounds awful! No worries though, you'll
Get em next time. I might have dropped out. Kudos on being such a tough cookie!

XLMIC said...

Argh! That is a nightmare of mine! So much so that I will take precautions if there is even a remote possibility it might start anytime in the surrounding days!

"The good" points are definite goods! Gotta love being able to say you gave it your all...and gotta love dark shorts when your period starts mid-race!

Looking forward to your recap :)

Ewa said...

That which won't kill you...
In her book Second Wind, Cami Ostman writes about how she got her period during her marathon in somewhere in South America, I think. And it was not a pretty picture. Still, he kept on running realizing that if somebody has issues with the fact that she is a woman it is their problem. I don't think I could ever be this bold, I wish I could though. BTW, I've been using Diva Cup for years and I swear by it for any athletic activity.

bobbi said...

Oh no! This is one of my secret fears. So much that if there is even a remote chance, I am using a "just-in-case" something something, just in case...

Teamarcia said...

Oh geez. Thank heavens for liners in shorts...and especially for giving it your all. You are a trooper. Eagerly awaiting the RR.