This week was the longest one that I've had in quite some time. It was the first full week of class, band started AND I started subbing. Whew, was I happy for the weekend and a day of absolutely nothing. Today was that day. I watched the Pack beat the Lions and did some catching up on laundry.
Band was Thursday night. I got to chat with Sue and see how her summer went. She played in the summer band, so she wasn't nearly as out of practice as I was. We also have another alto, but I forgot his name. Wendy is conducting this time, so Sue is first alto. :) I really enjoy playing and every time I join a band like this, I'm reminded of how much I love music. Sometimes life gets too distracting to be reminded of how much I do love it.
Wednesday and Thursday, I subbed at different schools. On Thursday, I did the RSMS 8th grade science class. I loved it. The kids were so enthusiastic and very excited to do their projects. Usually I have a lot of problems with the last hour of the day since they're ready to go home, but these kids were really good. Maybe the Fairbanks kids aren't too bad. :)
Yesterday, Matt , Julie, and I did our final Equinox Marathon training run. We're running the relay on Saturday (my 24th birthday), so I think we're ready. Matt's leg, which we ran yesterday, was really really hilly (all uphill in fact, if you can believe that!) so it was really hard and I walked a lot of it. Boo! I'll be ready to run on Saturday though . I've also rediscovered my love of swimming....with just one problem. My swimcap was stuck to my swimsuit, and when I removed it, a bunch of the waterproof fabric sealer thing came off with it, so part of my swimsuit is see-through. Wonderful. I'll need to get a new one, but I looked in town and I'm NOT paying $65 for a swimsuit, I'll wait until I go back to MI to get one and wear a two piece inbetween.
Everything is going well..horray!
No comments:
Post a Comment