Friday, September 05, 2008

Riding the Bus

Since I now have a one UAF class and a student ID card, I can ride the MACS city buses for free. I figure that I'm going to do as much traveling that way as possible when winter comes. Yesterday was the day I decided to get some practice riding.

Highlights of my day:

1. Random guy yells to me "you're hot" as I cross the street. I guess he thinks cheap fleece is sexy. *shrugs*
2. Different random guy (stoned as all hell) tells me his life story while I wait for the bus. Apparently he lives between here and Anchorage and grows lots of pot--over 120 plants he says--and nobody can touch him because his dad is big and tough and he has a medicinal marijuana card. This was intended to impress me. It just reminded me of Steven. I'm cool, selling drugs, nobody can get me because of *insert really dumb reason here*. Just wait dude, someone'll get you.
3. Drunk lady and man in their 50's riding the bus at 2pm. The lady asked me what I was going to do with my life in 10 years. She says she can sense a fire in me. Pfft...whatever the hell that means. Coincidentally she started talking to me just before my stop, so I pulled the chain and got off. They all thought that she scared me away. Whatever. lol.
4. Random cute guy telling me about how he'd rather be moose hunting than in class. I told him a little about riding the bus all day saying that I had taken "just about every color".

All in all, I had a good day. Yes, it was long, filled with a lot of waiting, but I got to meet a lot of different people. Now I can truly say that Fairbanks is full of strange creatures.

No comments: