Pre-Run:
Grumble, grumble. I debated whether or not to skip this run entirely. It’s going to take more time to shower and get dressed than it will to run, I argued. But since Matt wasn’t due to arrive for a few more hours, I figured I didn’t have anything better to do, so I dragged my stiff jet lagged body out for an easy two.
My thoughts seesawed between Hey, that’s kinda pretty and Quit whining, legs. By the end of my first mile and a couple of photos, I was starting to feel better. I picked up the pace every minute through the second mile just to shake out the muscles that don’t get used much when I’m just trotting along at my easy pace.
Post Run:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEndorphins! Maybe my body could be ready for a race tomorrow. I know I’m not 100% ready for this race because I spent a week away playing when I should have been resting, but I’m going to do my best and have fun.
The weather looks perfect, there aren’t nearby wildfires to clog the views and I’m stronger than I was when I ran this race three years ago (in 6:18:59).
The rest of the day will be about hydrating like a pro, hunting down a donut and some Oreos for the race, and reuniting with my beloved foam roller (oh and Matt too…. I guess..hehe.)
One day until the Siskiyou Out Back 50K! :)
(I'm planning on writing a few posts about my trip to Anchorage next week while I rest my legs.)

3 comments:
I amke that face too. Anything less than 4 miles and I get grumpy about it.
I hope it went well!
Abby, It almost isn't worth the effort of getting dressed, warming up, and then cooling down just for two miles.
Alicia, It did! Race report is up now. :)
Post a Comment