Sunday, October 19, 2014

Marathon #14 Goals

...Okay, so here's the deal:  This was supposed to auto-post on Saturday afternoon and it didn't work. Let's pretend that it's still Saturday and I haven't already run this marathon......





That’s how I feel about marathon #14. One moment, I’m excited; the next, I’m dreading it. I guess that pretty much sums up the typical 26.2 mile experience.

I worked at packet pickup all day today and have a full shift after I finish tomorrow. I’m sure it will take all week to recover from these two days alone. Anyways, someone asked me about my goal time and I thought I’d share those thoughts with you guys too.

Since I already hit my goal time this year and haven’t had any focused training since then, I don’t expect a PR. I think it would be safe to expect something in the 3:40-3:45 range, maybe outside of that too depending on how much tree gawking I decide I need. There’s a real possibility I’ll just get lazy and decide to have a party day, high fiving all the baby Redwoods as I go by.

Historically, this race has always been HORRIBLE for me with my allergies and I can already tell that I feel a little off. This course is all rolling hills with one 350 ft. climb between miles 14 and 19 (downhill the last 5 mi though!).

Either way, 26 miles of Redwood trees is probably a good idea. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

4 comments:

Linda W. said...

A long run through the redwoods sounds awfully nice to me! Looking forward to reading your recap.

bobbi said...

you can pretend your autopost worked, and I'll pretend I didn't already stalk your finish time :)

can't wait to read all about it!

Abby said...

I'll hope the redwoods treated you well. The pictures are too cute.

Karen said...

Linda, None of my photos do this park's beauty justice. It's a long drive from Portland, but I think you'll find it worth the trip.

Bobbi, haha. Fair enough.

Abby, They always treat me well.