Sometimes I feel like I'll jinx myself if I mention my goals for something too soon. Just an "I want to do this goal by XX date" is fine, but if I give specific goals for a specific day, I feel like I'm going to ruin something. Just like how I eat Lucky Charms the day of a race. I don't train with them, hoping that they will give me extra power because I'm not used to their magic.
Tomorrow, I'm going for a trial 10 mile run to see if my half marathon goal pace is attainable. And I'm kinda nervous. Also, I'm using the half as a test to see if I can run GB in the time I want to get. Everything kind of builds off from there. I haven't had the best luck with my legs lately. But I have been going a little easier on them with some cross training and not pushing the pace, so I don't know what will come of it. Let's hope my legs are happy tomorrow.
...and every day after that....
1 comment:
How did the run go?
I am totally afraid of setting specific goals and even more of announcing them. Reason? Zero confidence in me. Maybe one of those days I will grow up.
Post a Comment