Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's brought back memories talking to Meghan these last few days. She just moved to Dallas for a job and has a lot of the same experiences that I did when I first moved there. She's discovering that her allergies are MUCH MUCH worse and the only thing that works is Benadryl. Also about the heat and how it makes you lose some weight because it's too hot to eat fatty meals. All I wanted was salads and fruit for meals because they have so much water and aren't prepared hot. She also had a culture shock about how many mexican immigrants there are. It's almost like half of the people are of mexican origin. Coming from a place where noone but white people live, it's really different. As a sub teacher, I came in constant contact with kids of all origins and I especially enjoyed the kids that weren't what I was used to. They had different ways of talking and expressing themselves. Everyone had a southern accent too. I was a sub for an orchestra teacher one day and one girl was talking about an accident she had the previous day where she hurt herself on semen. I was like...did I just hear that right? She told this story to many other kids as they came into class and I realized she said "cement" instead of "semen". It's a good thing I didn't reprimand her for her language. :)

Spring is finally on it's way. The forecast includes all days in temps of 50-65, and that's all as far as the forecast goes. :) YAY! :) I'm going running with Sommer today and I might just wear shorts :)

No comments: