Monday, April 07, 2008
After much careful consideration, I've decided on my career. I guess it's not really a career, but lack of one. Matt and I always made jokes about "Trophy Wives" in Oklahoma. They'd be dressed in matching sweatpant/workout suit sets, with perfectly manicured nails and hair. These sweatsuits were all kinds of colors, but each woman was dressed from head to toe in one solid color or pattern. They almost always drove huuuge SUV's and only drove them while talking on the phone. I've decided to make a career of not having a career. Seriously! I don't like what my mom calls it : "a kept woman", so I've decided to become a "trophy wife". I'm not necessarily hot enough for one, but with part of my daily routine is running, so I should be somewhat hot. Maybe? Ever since Matt started a job in Oklahoma, he was looking to the NWS as the next step. He told me that I wouldn't even have to work once he got a NWS job. The only reason he's been pushing me to get one here is because I don't know a lot of people and would be lonely. But the job market here is pretty easy to tap into if you're not picky, so I could find a job anytime if I really wanted one. (for example, this winter when we have 3 hrs of daylight). But for right now, I'm satisfied not having one. I've joined the Fairbanks Community Band, and absolutely love it. The ladies in my section are friendly and everyone is really good. That's much different from the bands I've played in before, that had all different playing levels. I'm looking for another thing to join that'll help focus my time, so we'll see what I can come up with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment