Monday, March 24, 2008

I missed the substitute meeting. The directions I got from MapQuest totally got me lost because one of the turns never came. So I was able to find the right place...but 15 minutes late. Instead of making a bad first impression and walking in late, I decided to skip it until next Monday.

Instead, I brought all of my official documents and got my name changed to Kidwell. I just decided to do that today. I've been meaning to do it, but it's just a hassle. One that I could avoid, so why the heck not? I don't know ... it's just a name, but I still started to tear up as I signed the sheet to approve a change. I just have a problem with letting go, I guess. Appropriately enough, Matt and I have been looking for a wedding ring for me that doesn't look like a metal washer all by itself...today we found one and bought it. It's white gold with a satin finish. When we were shopping for Matt's ring, I found one I liked, but decided not to get. Now I have it :) YAY!

Matt and I are working on planning out his vacation time for the whole year. We're not sure if he can go to Eleanor's wedding because he doesn't have much vacation the first couple years here. And we're going to run the Chicago Marathon and do Nick's wedding in October...and not sure where we're going to fit it all in. ...because in late Jan-early Feb of 2009, we're going to EUROPE :) We figured we're going to do it while we're here and during the winter sounds better than wasting our ever-so-precious summertime months gone....so we're going in the dead of winter. Not ideal for Europe either because it gets cold there too, but hey, at least they have daylight there. Also, we'll visit Marseilles and that's on the Mediterranean Sea so it should be at least mild. And anything is better than 50 below that they'll have here! Anyways, that's all for now. :)

No comments: