![]() |
| I will play with you soon, pretty forest. |
Since I'm not sure when my break from racing marathons will be over, I do not want to leave regretting that I didn't see this race through to the end. I'm going to run my little heart out at CIM and finish knowing I did my best.
If you left a comment or reached out in another way, thank you for your helpful and supportive words. I especially love that all of you have such different relationships with running and can provide a wide variety of insightful advice.
![]() |
| Photo from Wednesday's run. |
Sunday: Run 6 miles easy, 53:25, 8:53/mi. 4 kitties.
This was the day after my last 20 miler, yet I felt so good! Back at home after a quick trip to Petaluma, it was as if my legs and head forgot that I went long just 24 hours earlier.
Monday: Rest! 6 kitties.
Matt and I took a short walk to stretch our legs. In just half a mile, we saw six kitties. We debated whether or not they should count, but finally agreed they did. So six on a rest day!
![]() |
| Zoey enjoyed the sunny day off too. |
The only speed workout of the week: a progression run.
Wheee!! I was a little nervous that my second mile was already an 8:05 but I did it and had a negative split right up to the cooldown mile. This run was a little chilly. At 45 degrees and a bit of wind, I almost needed tights. Looks like it’s time to find those again, soggy winter runs are upon us.
Strength: Core, legs.
Yawwwnn. I wish I could say I found these workouts to be fun, but they're really not my cup of tea. I only do them to keep my IT band and back from whining.
Wednesday: Run 10.5 miles, 2:02:24, 11:30/mi, 2,153 ft. gain
Rachel had Veteran's Day off so we hit the Grasshopper course for some hills and pretty trees. Not that it ever does, but it did not disappoint. Celebrating ten years cancer free with my favorite trees and running buddy was perfect. This run made my heart so happy.
![]() |
| Huge fungus. Anybody know what kind? |
Another run with Rachel. Ran easy and counted a ton of kitties. To compare, it was the same route as Tuesday's 6 miler. Late afternoon is always best for finding them.
Yoga: First day after a week off, my arm is feeling much better now. I worked on loosening up my hips and legs and could definitely feel it. Taking a break is a bad idea, haha.
Friday: Rest!
I hadn't planned to take two rest days, but I figured, why not? A recovery week should have as many rest days as I want, right?
![]() |
| I've been in a bread mood lately. Rest days almost always include some QT in the kitchen. |
Race report coming up next!
Totals:
Running: 41.25
Kitties: 48
Notes: This recovery week couldn't have been more perfectly timed. It was so nice to run those 40 miles in whatever configuration I wanted. I got in a little speed, a race, some trails, and a bunch of relaxing miles with Matt and Rachel. The next week is half taper: two speed workouts, some easy miles, and then a trip to the mountains!
Wait..... How is it almost Thanksgiving already?








4 comments:
So, I was waiting to see what you'd decide, and I am SO glad you are racing it. I can't wait to see how it goes for you!
Yay - a Zoey pic!
I love how happy you sound in this post :)
I think it's normal to have doubts about a major race no matter how the training has gone. Every cycle is different. That said, have fun at CIM!
I can't wait to see how CIM turns out for you! You have so much heart and determination. Mike and I are toying with the idea of running it next year, so your recap will likely provide us with extra motivation. Then, of course, all of your trail running photos also makes me want to explore what we have near us more!
Thanks Bobbi, I'm glad too. I was probably just a little worn out.
Mallory, You're right. I'm sure I'll be ready for a hard run on race day.
Alison, Thank you, that means a lot to me. :) The weather at CIM can be iffy, but everything else about the race is great! That said, I'm sure your local area has tons of great trails. I've been meaning to make a trip up there to check them out myself.
Post a Comment