Week 1: 58.5 miles, 34 kitties.
Notable Workouts:
Run 12 miles, 11@ MRP (Goal: 7:49/mi., Actual: 7:44/mi.)
Longest marathon pace run of the season! I timed this one well with an overnight rain. Had I run this the day before, it would have sucked a lot. I woke up feeling pretty crummy, but my breathing was better
![]() |
| Official Boston Marathon outfit. |
![]() |
| Running selfie! |
Run 16 miles, 2:16, 8:30/mi.
Fast finish long run. Last three miles: 8:12, 8:04, 7:34. That last one is my fastest end to any long run. The whole run felt strong. Love love love.
Week 2: 38.75 miles (+ 3 hike miles), 35 kitties.
Notable Workouts:
Run 6.75 miles including 6x880yds.
Two inches of rain the day before (you're seeing this theme right?) practically eliminated my allergy and asthma symptoms and I FLEW. I knew I was having a good day, possibly a 880 yd PR day, so I had Matt pace me through the last part of my final one and boom, 3:13, a new PR by five seconds!! If I could be so bold, I’d like to ask for it to rain the night before the Boston Marathon so I can feel strong just like this. :)
Run 6 mi, 5@7:44/mi.
Another solid, "day after the rain" run.
Hike 3 miles, not timed.
A morning hike on the Lost Coast. I should start every day with a hike, I floated for the rest of the day on the high it gave me.
Long Run/Race Combo: Arcata Forest 5.5 Mile Run.
Unexpectedly good day. I was surprised to run just 30 seconds slow of my PR on a day I had to hold back a little. :) I love hilly trails.
Week 3: 12 miles, 19 kitties (so far)
Notable Workouts:
Only running short stuff this week and it all feels so light and easy. Phantom pains are setting in. What's up with my shin? How come my IT Band is angry? My body is whining from lack of use. Don't worry legs, you'll get your wish. Ohhhh just wait. I'll probably take a rest day Friday (jet lag is a jerk), 2-3 on Saturday, and then maybe a shakeout on Sunday if I have time.
Let's talk about Boston goals instead of my 3 mile runs. My goal: run a strong race and finish with a positive Boston Marathon experience. Of course I've got a racing plan, but that's secondary to my main goal. Would I love to meet the time goal too? Sure. I'm shooting for 3:25-3:30 and think I'm strong enough to land somewhere in there on a good day, but just finishing this race will be an honor in itself.







7 comments:
I am SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED for you! Stalking you and Matt on my Boston app :)
Wishing you the best of Boston experiences! Enjoy!!
Good luck in Boston! Can't wait to hear all about it.
I always get phantom pains before starting a long hike. You are ready and will do great!
I am so happy for you. I guess we shall hope for Sunday night rain in Boston.
Good luck at Boston! Rooting for you from Norway :)
I don't know you - but thanks to the anonymous internet I love reading about your running adventures (and especially that you weren't always so fast).
Good luck today!!
Thanks for all the support everyone! You guys are the best! :)
Post a Comment