Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Last Week: Feb 2-8

Sunday: Rest!

Monday: Run 5 mi. Not timed.
This run was really windy. I spent most of the run tucked in behind Matt. Can he run with me at any windy races too?  My sinuses spent the rest of the day being angry at the wind.

Tuesday: Run 8.25 mi. 1:08:02, 8:14/mi.
8 miles in 1:04:32 (8:04/mi.) and 0.25 mi cool down.

Fastest run in a while. The last couple miles hurt a little bit in my lower back. Ever since the climb up Look Prairie on the long run last week, my lower back has been achy. Matt’s weekend starts tomorrow and he’s promised me a long rubdown, so hopefully that will help. :) It’s been a while since a training run has had a 7:30-something mile in it.

Wednesday: Run 5.5 mi in 1:12:25, 13:10/mi. on soft sand dunes.
Even though it was a tough day, dune runs always have a certain playful quality to them. To celebrate National Weatherperson Day, I ran with two of my favorite meteorologists, Matt and Alex.





Thursday: Run 5 mi, 46:20, 9:16/mi.
Another breezy run. Matt and I ran with Paul and Rob and it was really hard to keep a conversation because of the woosh in my ears. A nice social run was perfect after a dunes day.

Friday: Run 14 miles.
10.5 mi in 1:03:41, 11:40/mi, 2,492 ft. climbing
and 3.5 mi, not timed.
Matt and I ran the 10.5 mi race route again to see if we could get another elevation profile for our race website.

YAY! It worked!




It was a very rainy day but we were dressed warm enough it didn't bother us. We also had hot peppermint tea and snacks waiting for us in the car so it was a wonderful outing. Then we hit the hot tub when we got home.

Saturday: Run 3 mi, 22:25, 7:30/mi.
Matt wanted to run his own speed workout today so we went out at the same time and did separate runs. We have one copy of a key for our front door and he said he should carry the key since he would be home from his five mile run first.

I made damn sure that he didn’t.
(In his defense, he didn’t know I was just going for 3 miles.)

TOTAL MILES: 40.75

Notes: Now we're less than a week from the Little Su. The weather and trail conditions had me worried for most of January, but now I think things are looking up. I'll write more about that in a later post. After Saturday's run, I realized how much I'm itching to get back to the fast running again. Perfect timing. After the Little Su, it's back to work for this girl.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Good runs this week. Running sand dunes seems like it would be tough, but beautiful.

Musings of a Girly Tomboy said...

I have running envy (AGAIN)! Those dunes look like no joke! I love that you support Blue Diamond (thanks)!! Hope you got your massage, you deserve it after that running week :)